Join Your Neighbors, “Shop Local First” On Black Friday!
With the holiday season here and Black Friday just days away, the Palos Verdes Peninsula Chamber of Commerce wants to remind us of its “Local First” initiative to assist our local economy and show Palos Verdes homes owners all the benefits that our community receives by supporting local businesses. Black Friday sales are a great opportunity to remind residents to take a look around the Peninsula to find resources they can use this time of year. The Chamber put out the following list of Top 10 Reasons To Shop, Dine and Do Business Locally First.
1. Significantly More Money Re-circulates in the Local Community.
2. Unique Businesses are an Integral Part of our Distinctive Character
3. Put your Taxes to Good Use
4. Customer Service is Better
5. Most New Jobs are Provided by Local Businesses
6. Local Business Owners Invest in our Community
7. Competition and Diversity Leads to More Consumer Choices
8. Environmental Impact is Reduced
9. Non Profits Receive Greater Support
10. A growing body of economic research shows that in an increasingly homogenized world, entrepreneurs and skilled workers are more likely to invest and settle in communities that preserve their one-of-a-kind businesses and distinctive character.
The Palos Verdes Peninsula Chamber of Commerce is promoting the “Local First” initiative with PVP (Peninsula Privileges Program) with special savings and discounts right here on the peninsula at the Promenade on the Peninsula and the Peninsula Center. Instead of running to the large malls, fighting the crowds and trying to find a parking space, why not shop here in Palos Verdes? Palos Verdes homes owners can go to http://business.palosverdeschamber.com/hotdeals/ to see all the great coupons for retail, dining, health & fitness, special services, promotions and others. You’ll find that the customer service at our local establishments is great and they employ our own Palos Verdes residents. More information about the initiative can be found on the Chamber’s website at www.palosverdeschamber.com, or by calling (310) 377-8111.
To read my prior article on “Shop Local First” click here.
Photo of the Promenade at the Peninsula.