Join Malaga Cove Collective Shops Grand Opening Tomorrow!
The Malaga Cove Collective Shops will be holding their Grand Opening tomorrow, Thursday, November 8, 2018 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. The holiday season is upon us, and shopping has begun so why not enjoy it here in our neighborhood.
Located in the old Rive Gauche location and after a two year remodel, this new shopping adventure is about to begin. Jeffrey Scott previously affiliated with Jeffrey Scott Men’s clothing in Riviera Village, is bringing Wendy Metcalfe from Wrapsody, Judith Burke from Mixt and Julie Donovan interior designer, to join in bringing us more shopping choices.
This is a great way to remind us of the “Local First” initiative to assist our local economy and show Palos Verdes homes owners all the benefits that our community receives by supporting local businesses.
The Palos Verdes Chamber has a list of Top 10 Reasons To Shop, Dine and Do Business Locally First:
1. Significantly More Money Re-circulates in the Local Community
2. Unique Businesses are an Integral Part of our Distinctive Character
3. Put your Taxes to Good Use
4. Customer Service is Better
5. Most New Jobs are Provided by Local Businesses
6. Local Business Owners Invest in our Community
7. Competition and Diversity Leads to More Consumer Choices
8. Environmental Impact is Reduced
9. Non Profits Receive Greater Support
10. A growing body of economic research shows that in an increasingly homogenized world, entrepreneurs and skilled workers are more likely to invest and settle in communities that preserve their one-of-a-kind businesses and distinctive character.
To read my prior article on “Shop Local First” click here.
Photo is of the Malaga Cove Center