Palos Verdes Businesses Want To Remind You To “Shop Local First”
Palos Verdes business owners are hoping that as businesses start to open, you remember to continue to help our community by “Shopping Local First.” The Palos Verdes Peninsula Chamber of Commerce is reminding us of its “Local First” initiative to assist our local economy and is showing Palos Verdes homes owners all the benefits that our community receives by supporting local businesses. We have been staying “safer at home” for several months, and are now able to get out and run our own errands as we did in the past. However, we must remember that our local restaurants, retail stores, dance studios, music stores and gyms have seen a tremendous downside recently. As we look around the local shopping centers now, retail stores have re-opened up in the shopping centers and some restaurants are even allowing limited sit down dining. So if you are going to start stepping out, please remember the following list of Top 10 Reasons To Shop, Dine and Do Business Locally First.
1. Significantly More Money Re-circulates in the Local Community
2. Unique Businesses are an Integral Part of our Distinctive Character
3. Put your Taxes to Good Use
4. Customer Service is Better
5. Most New Jobs are Provided by Local Businesses
6. Local Business Owners Invest in our Community
7. Competition and Diversity Leads to More Consumer Choices
8. Environmental Impact is Reduced
9. Non Profits Receive Greater Support
10. A growing body of economic research shows that in an increasingly homogenized world, entrepreneurs and skilled workers are more likely to invest and settle in communities that preserve their one-of-a-kind businesses and distinctive character.
To read my last article on “Shopping Local First” click here.
Photo of the Promenade on the Peninsula courtesy of Arvin Design