SPECIAL CHILDREN’S LEAGUE’S VIRTUAL BENEFIT NOVEMBER 20, 2020, 11:00 A.M.
Palos Verdes home owners can stream the Virtual Benefit tomorrow for Special Children’s League. Every year this great group of women volunteers puts on a fantastic luncheon event which benefits a variety of programs. Special Children’s League (SCL) South Bay Committee began in 1957 with a small group of women who rallied around a friend whose child had cerebral palsy. Today the active membership includes many moms of children with special needs. With the funds raised at this annual benefit and donations from generous supporters, they are able to support United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties (UCPLA) as well as a variety of programs as part of their continued local community outreach. Here is a list of some of the organizations that benefit from their fundraising. AbilityFirst Camp Paivika, Able ARTS Work, Exceptional Minds, ICAN California Abilities Network, PVPUSD – Special needs programs, Partners for Pediatic Vision, Pediatric Therapy Network, Ride to Fly, Switzer Learning Link, USARC – United States Adaptive Recreation Center, and We Are Brave Together – (who will speak tomorrow regarding mentoring for mothers caring for children with disabilities).
How can I participate in the virtual event?
– Participation is Free
– Before 11:00 a.m. tomorrow, November 20,2020, go to sclsouthbay.org
– Click on the “Watch Now” button
What will the 30 minute program include?
– Welcome by Julie Paterson, President, SCL South Bay Committee
– Guest speaker – Jessicay Patay, We are Brave Together
– Highlights of the programs that are supported
– There will be boutique and auction items that you will be able to purchase to help in the fundraising. Items such as trips, wines, gift cards, boutique items, clothing, a new local hotel weekend (H2O Hermosa) will also be available on the auction which will continue until Sunday.
Photo courtesy of Special Children’s League