Palos Verdes business owners appreciate continued community support and ask that you join the “Small Business Saturday” initiative this weekend. As we get into the season, this initiative reminds residents that shopping local helps our local economy. Whether its a small specialty store in one of our neighborhood plazas, local retail shopping centers or one of our great area restaurants, these sales help to keep our cities afloat.
As you step out for holiday shopping, please remember the following list of Top 10 Reasons To Shop, Dine and Do Business Locally First.
1. Significantly More Money Re-circulates in the Local Community
2. Unique Businesses are an Integral Part of our Distinctive Character
3. Put your Taxes to Good Use
4. Customer Service is Better
5. Most New Jobs are Provided by Local Businesses
6. Local Business Owners Invest in our Community
7. Competition and Diversity Leads to More Consumer Choices
8. Environmental Impact is Reduced
9. Non Profits Receive Greater Support
10. A growing body of economic research shows that in an increasingly homogenized world, entrepreneurs and skilled workers are more likely to invest and settle in communities that preserve their one-of-a-kind businesses and distinctive character.
To read my last article on “Shopping Local First” click here.
Photo of the Promenade on the Peninsula courtesy of Arvin Design